Translate

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Greetings and Hello

This little blog will serve as a bit of a place holder for projects that I have attempted and projects that I have accomplished. It is called "Fun" Woodworking because that all it is to me just a fun escape and a small attempt to improve my personal skills. It is no intention meant to be an instructional site (I am not worthy hah!), just a glimpse of what I am doing and how I tried to go about it. I am but a mere amateur to the incredible craftsman on the Web. Their are so many incredible woodworking Blogs but I have to give credit to Bob Rozaieski at "Logan Cabin Shop". Logan Cabinet Shop I 100% credit his Blog for getting me re-inspired and back into woodworking after a long long hiatus. Bob's incredible videos and instruction motivated me to build my work bench.  Another credit is Derek Cohen "In the Woodshop ",In The Woodshop I think the guy is amazing.  I have interpreted many of his ideas into my own workshop fixtures, and always enjoy his insight and wisdom on all of the woodworking forums.  Another person I found incredibly inspiring was Curtis Buchanan,Curtis Buchanan I watched in amazement everyone of his U Tube videos on Windsor chair making.  It was totally amazing and inspiring even though I know I will never have the skill or opportunity to create something like what he does.  Who else,  obviously for me Norm Abram who I always enjoyed watching and coveting all the tools and stuff that he had.  And of course Roy Underhill, I have watched his shows over and over and still enjoy them thoroughly.  And most importantly, not lastly! my father Vernon Yeager, the most amazing craftsman and teacher one could ever imagine.  My father was a professional civil servant for his career, but as a hobby and a diversion he could work in almost any medium.  Dad was an accomplished wood worker, he worked in stone, he worked in metal both in a forge as well as welding, he was an incredible mechanic and could take apart and repair virtually any machine or engine, he was a skilled electrician, he had this amazing ability to visualize something and then just "make" it.  My father my friend my inspiration my teacher, I was lucky...sadly I lost him too early in life. 


So this little bit of cyber space, the realm that my dad was only beginning to understand when he was alive is dedicated to him.  Love you Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment